Current Status RE: Covid-19
[caption id="attachment_383" align="alignnone" width="300"] Covid 19[/caption]
We have no COVID-19 cases to report in any of our homes.
Our doors remain closed to all visitors and families.
As the COVID-19 pandemic is evolving, we want to assure you that the health and safety of our residents and staff remains our priority. Our site leaders and president meet via teleconference Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week to discuss the latest information about COVID-19, to provide support and to ensure we have a coordinated approach in all we do. Kaigo has taken early preventive measures since the onset of the pandemic and has implemented many precautions in advance of directives from our provincial and local health authorities. Here is where we are at right now:
- All staff are wearing masks and eye protection while providing direct resident care.
- We continue to monitor our supply of personal protective equipment and are working with our trusted suppliers to maintain our stock as best as possible.
- As directed by the Health Authority all new resident admissions to our homes and those returning from a hospital visit are isolated in their room for 14 days.
- Our recreation leaders from each site have been meeting via teleconference to collaborate and share new and creative ways to provide stimulating programs that help maintain social interaction. Our homes are also busy preparing “social distancing special events” for this Mother’s Day. “Creativity is Intelligence having fun.”
- Our managers are regularly checking in with their staff to ask how they are doing and to help them feel supported during their work day.
We don’t have all the answers for what will happen with COVID-19 but please know that the Kaigo organization is working diligently to plan and prepare for what we need to do each and every day to ensure our residents and staff are safe.
Director of Operations