Current Status RE: Covid-19
Current Status – We have no COVID-19 cases in any of our homes.
Our doors remain closed to all visitors and families.
We continue to keep the focus on resident and staff safety and well-being and are doing everything we can to keep life in our homes as happy and “normal” as possible. For nearly 3 months now we’ve been working non-stop to be proactive and put precautions in place- to prevent COVID. We have many preventive measures in place for everyone’s safety as well as to keep our care teams healthy and able to continue caring for our residents. In light of distressing media stories coming out of Ontario and Quebec we know how important it is to keep our families informed and to reassure you that Kaigo continues to work tirelessly to stand between COVID and our vulnerable residents.
Here is where we are at right now:
- Our teams continue to do all we can to keep everyone’s spirts up in our Homes, and stay connected with all of you through phone calls, virtual visits and emails. Activities and programs continue, favourite meals are being enjoyed and loving care provided. We know it is difficult not seeing your loved one however we know this is what is best for now to help keep everyone safe in our Homes and communities.
- We are proactively recruiting new employees to ensure we have a strong staffing roster to provide uninterrupted care and service.
- Our staff are committed to working only at our homes and we are so very thankful for the amazing work they do caring for our residents while many are also taking care of their own families and responsibilities.
- Most importantly we are paying close attention to the physical and emotional health of our residents each and every day. It is nothing short of inspiring to look around and see all the good happening in our Homes and in our communities. With the warmer weather upon us residents are enjoying getting out in the sunshine on secure patios and decks to participate in planting the gardens, socializing and many other fun outdoor activities.
- The government’s latest estimates show that COVID numbers in BC are slowing down. This makes us excited and optimistic that we may soon see no new cases in our province. We will continue to take direction from the Medical Health Officer in regards to future plans for opening our doors to families and visitors.
Please stay safe and well. We miss seeing our families and friends in our Homes and we look forward to a time when we can safely be together again!
Director of Operations