Current Status RE: Covid-19
We have no COVID-19 cases to report in any of our homes.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, Kaigo Senior Living Care Homes are working closely with our Health Authorities to closely monitor the COVID outbreak and adjust our services and guidelines accordingly. We remain focused on prevention and are acting with an abundance of caution at this time.
The health and well-being of our residents and staff is our first priority and therefore we have implemented the following at all Kaigo homes:
- All homes have closed their doors to the public including families. (Family members of residents who are in imminent end of life situations will be given access after appropriate screening).
- All deliveries, mail and supplies are to be left at the front door for staff to retrieve and deliver within the home.
- All activity events with external visitors and entertainers have been cancelled at this time.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high touch areas such as door handles, handrails, sinks and faucets.
- Increased cleaning of high traffic areas such as dining rooms and activity areas.
- Constant reinforcement of hand-washing and infection control for all staff and residents.
- Regular updates to residents and families via email and phone calls.
- Site specific emails have been set up for families and friends to send and receive messages to and from their loved ones.
- Each home has purchased i-pads to provide opportunities for resident and family face-to-face communication.
We are committed to protecting our residents and staff and will continue to take all necessary precautions to ensure their health and safety.
Thank you for your understanding and patience at this unprecedented time.
Director of Operations