Current Status RE: Covid-19
We have no COVID-19 cases to report in any of our homes.
We are very grateful to all our Residents, Tenants, family members and staff for everyone’s understanding and commitment to taking actions to best protect the health and safety of all.
As COVID-19 continues to dominate the news and our lives Kaigo remains committed to doing everything we can to prevent the spread of COVID-19 within our homes. We take the COVID-19 situation very seriously and are following the directives from the Minister of Health to ensure everyone’s safety. Since our last update we have taken the following initiatives:
Our doors remain closed to all visitors and families
- As of March 25th all staff working at our homes are only working in our homes. Staff were asked to choose their work site preference and to honor their commitment a temporary wage increase of $2.00 an hour was given to all staff who committed to a Kaigo site.
- On a daily basis all staff members are screened and their temperature taken prior to starting their shift. Residents are also being screened daily for any flu like signs or symptoms.
- Cleaning of high touch areas remains a priority and we have increased our housekeeping hours up to an additional 4 hours a day as staff are available.
- Staff are to come directly to work from their home in their work clothes and to go directly home and change their clothes and launder them.
- Delivers and “care packages” from families have been stopped at this time. Residents who require essential care items will have them supplied by the home.
- Activities for our residents have changed however our recreation staff have been extremely creative in providing small group and one to one activities. Today at one of our sites the monthly birthday party was adapted to a” travelling cake cart” with cake and music travelling to each resident’s room. With the introduction of the new i-pads residents and families are able to connect face to face which has definitely given families peace of mind. We are planning to purchase a few more i-pads this week. If you would like to schedule a face time visit please call the site and ask for the recreation department.
Thank you for your continued cooperation in response to this global issue. We remain committed to keeping everyone safe. Should you have any questions or concerns please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Operations